I started off the first two blocks using needleturn applique, but this really isn't for me, so I started block #6 (the most recent one) using fusable applique and blanket stitching and this is much more to my liking :o) In the mean time I'm frogging blocks #1 and #2, and replacing the pieces with fused bits of fabric.
So here are some sneak previews of the newest block, which is rather huge!
My apologies for the creases and Luna's hair which snuck into the dove piccie.
I also worked on Tail Feathers Quilt: block #9 and the corner robins. No piccies yet...
Last week I had some more painting tuition and I painted this landscape:
The day before the tuition, I painted my 'homework: a rocky shore, using mixed media:
I always travel to the town where the studio is by train and always get picked up and dropped off at the station by the artist or her husband (how's that for service!). Last Tuesday the kind people couldn't drop me off, so I walked to the station and on the way discovered no fewer than three stitching-related shops!
At the first shop, which was a tiny quilting and patchwork shop called Liselotje, I found a pattern which I had been searching for for a while. It is called In My Folkart Garden and it is by Marianne Byrne Goarin of Cinnamon Patch:
I'm planning to use the gorgeous pink wool felts which Michele sent me for my birthday (see earlier post).
I also bought one of Marianne's other books called Cinnamon Inspirations. Gorgeous!
The two other shops were pretty good too, and I 'found' these pretty buttons...
... and a skein of DMC variegated thread for Tail Feathers Quilt.
And just to keep the cat lovers happy: this morning I caught three of our four kitties bird watching: