Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Monday 21 June 2010

Leanne's House, Elvis & Aquilegia

More work on Leanne's House block # 5 is happening here.

This is the middle portion, which is also the middle block of the whole quilt:



I also pieced one of the four corner mini-blocks of this block. Those hearts are tiny!



And here are the boys (Kruimel on the left and Elvis on the right). It is not often that we see them together like that. Yesterday was Elvis' 5th birthday. Of course this is a 'chosen' birthday in cooperation with our vets, since we do not know when Elvis was born. We rescued him from a shelter in september 2005 when he was still very tiny.



Look how tiny he was on the day he arrived here, five years ago:



The aquilegia my MIL bought me for my birthday has started flowering again. This could be considered a miracle, since I am far from green-fingered ;o)


These little flowers are so intricate, I just had to show you both sides of this beautiful flower:




Hopefully next time I will be able to show you block #5 of Leanne's House all finished and maybe also a picture of the fabrics for Vintage Valentine.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday, Elvis!

Great stitching on your block, Anne Marieke!
...and what a beautiful flower. I have the same "green" thumb.....:)

Erna said...

Hoi Anne Marieke, gefeliciteerd met je poes en wat een prachtige bloemen zeg...
Liefs
Erna

Giovanna said...

Lovely block, Anne Marieke! And great pics of the cats and of your plant.