Here is block #4: the applique was already completed, but the block needed to be assembled:
I finally got the (huge!) block 7 completed and assembled:
And now I'm working on block #8, which I placed on the beautiful fabric used for the borders.
You'll probably think, "this is all looking really positive and she's well on her way to complete the top", but I still have some work to do on previous blocks, some of which are in various stages of completeness and one (block #3) hasn't even been touched yet. When I was still doing this project using needleturn applique, I found all those leaves (no fewer than 25!) rather daunting :o)
As usual, please excuse the creases. I cannot keep ironing these blocks when I take pictures. It will all come out once the top is completed (I hope!).
Thanks for all your good wishes for my SIL. I'm happy to report she came through the operation well and is now awaiting further treatment at home. She's not out of the woods yet, but the prognosis for a full recovery is quite positive.
And since I know she is reading my blog: here's to you, Maudy, for a very speedy and full recovery!