Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 30 May 2012

WOW: WIPs On Wednesdays

This time there is not a lot of stitchy stuff to show you. We have been very busy preparing for and celebrating Marcel's 50th birthday.

This is the last but one stitchery for In Full Bloom by Lynette Anderson: The Nest. 

Deze keer heb ik niet veel handwerkerigs om te laten zien. We hebben het erg druk gehad met het voorbereiden voor en vieren van Marcels 50e verjaardag. 

Dit is de een-na-laatste stitchery voor In Full Bloom van Lynette Anderson: The Nest.
Part 2 of Fernhill also by Lynette is coming along nicely too. I have ignored it for too long and the magic pen has done its magic. The traced hedgehog has disappeared!

Deel 2 van Fernhill ook van Lynette schiet ook al aardig op. Maar ik heb dit blokje te lang genegeerd, want de verdwijnpen heeft zijn verdwijntruc uitgehaald. Het getekende egeltje is verdwenen.
 Can't say I'm too keen on doing stitchery with Weeks Dye Works threads. They are somehow not smooth enough for stitchery IMHO. I prefer the Cosmo threads I'm using for In Full Bloom. But I do love how the little bee has turned out.

Ik kan niet zeggen dat ik weg ben van het stitchen met Weeks Dye Works garens. Ze zijn op een of andere manier te stug om er lekker mee te kunnen stitchen. Geef mij maar Cosmo (dat ik gebruik voor In Full Bloom). Maar het bijtje is erg mooi geworden. 

Thanks to Ineke for lending me her skein of Molasses WDW thread, whilst we have two more skeins in backorder. It turns out we need at least two skeins of that colour for Fernhill.

Ineke bedankt voor het lenen van je streng Molasses WDW, zolang we nog twee strengen in bestelling hebben staan. Het blijkt dat we op zijn minst twee strengen van die kleur nodig hebben voor Fernhill. 

This is my birthday present from my SILs and BILs. A very cute cabinet containging a candle in my favourite colour, a very cute bird statue and three peonies.


Dit is mijn verjaarscadeau van mijn schoonzussen en zwagers. Een schattig kastje met een kaars in mijn favoriete kleur, een beeldje van een vogeltje en drie pioenrozen.
After two days of celebrating, I had hoped to spend Monday (Second Whitsun Day here in Holland) relaxing and resting.

Unfortunately our furbaby Minty was so ill that I had to take her to the vet who was on duty. Luckily that happened to be our own vet.

Here she is not looking too impressed with the food was trying to coax her into eating.

Na twee dagen feestvieren had ik gehoopt Maandag (Tweede Pinksterdag) te relaxen en uit te rusten. 


Helaas was ons poezenkind Minty zo ziek dat ik met haar naar de dienstdoende dierenarts ben gegaan. Gelukkig bleek dat onze eigen dierenarts te zijn. 

Ze is op deze foto niet erg onder de indruk van het voer dat ik haar wilde laten eten. 

This blog post will be linked to Esther Aliu's WOW: WIPs on Wednesdays. Have a look at what all the other quilters and stitchers from all over the world are doing.

Dit blogje wordt gelinked aan WOW van Esther Aliu. Ga eens kijken wat quiltsters en handwerksters van over de hele wereld aan het doen zijn.

Thanks for all your lovely comments and welcome to my new followers.

Bedankt voor jullie leuke berichtjes en welkom voor mijn nieuwe volgers. 

3 comments:

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitchery! Many Happy Returns to you both. And the picture of Minty says more than a thousand words :-) I hope she's getting better.

Glenda said...

Anne Marieke those pieces of stitchery are delightful, love love the birds nest one!!!!! Your birthday present will go so well with your new furniture, I can see it glowing at in the evenings. Hugs Glenda

Esther Aliu said...

Your stitchery is lovely, and the bee is especially good. I know how fussy I am with sewing and quiting threads, so I can imagine how important getting the right one for hand stitchery is.

Minty is such a beauty and I can see real character in that face!

Reminds me what is missing from my own sewing projects lately, a companion cat...

I always love seeing your stitchery Anne Marieke, and I love that little bird statue, how perfect. Happy Birthday.