Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 23 April 2014

WOW: Dear Jane & Garden Photographs

Dear Jane really has captured my imagination and I am looking for bits of burgundy and pink fabrics in my stash, and my Mum's stash too.

I completed three more blocks:

A6, using fabrics from my own stash.

C1, using a pink fabric which Jane sent me for my birthday, combined with a cream one which I bought at the quiltshow in Rijswijk.
C1, met een roze stofje dat Jane me voor mijn verjaardag heeft gestuurd, gecombineerd met een crème stofje van de beurs in Rijswijk.

And B8, using fabrics from my Mums stash which she gave me on Friday.
En B8, van stofjes die uit mijn moeders voorraad, die ze me vrijdag heeft gegeven. 


On Easter Monday, I took some pictures of our garden after it had rained:
Op Tweede Paasdag heb ik wat foto's van onze tuin genomen na een regenbui: 

Droplets on a hosta plant.
Druppels op een hosta.

A Dicentra leaf ... also known as Bleeding Heart...
Een dicentrablad... of gebroken hartje zoals deze plant ook heet...


... and its beautiful flowers
...en zijn prachtige bloemen

A purple violet. The colours are much darker in real life, but the digital camera just won't get those right.
Een paars bosviooltje. De kleuren zijn veel donkerder in het echt, maar de digitale camera pakt die niet goed. 

Another hosta.
Nog een hosta.

I'm still working on Antique Wedding Sampler by Di Ford, but with Dear Jane butting in as she has done, I will just work on what calls the loudest for now.
 Ik werk nog steeds aan Antique Wedding Sampler van Di Ford, maar Dear Jane heeft zich zo opgedrongen dat ik maar gewoon werk aan wat het hardste mijn naam roept. 

Thanks for all your kind wishes for my birthday.

Bedankt voor al jullie lieve verjaardagswensen.

I will link this blog post to Esther Aliu's WOW (WIPs on Wednesdays). Please visit all the lovely blogs by stitchers from all over the world.
Ik link dit blogje aan Esther Aliu's WOW (WIPs op woensdagen). Ga eens kijken naar alle prachtige blogs van handwerksters van over de hele wereld.



6 comments:

Marguerite said...

Zit hier achter het scherm te genieten van de mooie foto's.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love your Dear Jane blocks, they are just exquisite! Thanks for sharing some beautiful photos from your garden.

Bunny said...

Your blocks are so cute. Oh I do love your garden it is taking forever this year for Spring to emerge. It is still so brown outside only a bit of grass getting green. Your flowers are beautiful.
Hugs Bunny

Jenny said...

Love your beautiful garden photo's.
You have a wonderful talent with the camera as well as amzing hand stitch skills, your blocks are so beautiful I struggle that you handstitch all your work. Cheers jenny

Helen said...

Beautiful garden photos. Love you blocks !!

Susan said...

The colors in your Dear Jane are beautiful as are the colors in your garden. I love all the different shades of green.