Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 21 October 2015

More or Less Moved

It has been almost three weeks since we signed the deeds for the new old house and the deeds for the sale of our other house will be signed next week. It will be so much easier once we only have one house left.

We are loving it here, but it is also a lot of hard work. I haven't stitched for weeks and weeks. And I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

The weather was very good to us for the first two weeks and we enjoyed being outside and working in the garden, having coffees and lunches on the terrace by the back door, which is also the front door.



The wildlife is lovely here. The first two weeks of October we still had lots of butterflies and dragonflies: 



Painted Lady
Tiny frog I met whilst collecting walnuts





It is getting quite Autumnal now:








And we are spending hours each day collecting the walnuts. There are five big walnut trees in our orchard, and two smaller ones in other places in our garden:



So lots to do, especially this busy month. But we are loving it.

I'm hoping to get back to stitching next month, when things have settled down and work outside is done.

Back soon, hopefully with stitchy news.

No comments: