Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Thursday 23 April 2015

Scotland

Sorry for not updating my blog for such a long time. We are busy renovating our house (in order to sell it) and now I'm in Scotland.
Sorry dat ik zo lang mijn blog niet heb bijgewerkt. We zijn ons huis aan het opknappen (voor de verkoop) en nu ben ik in Schotland.


I'm staying with my friends on the island of Skye. This is their view facing north, with the islands of Scalpay and Rasaay in the background.
Ik logeer bij mijn vrienden op het eiland Ske. Dit is hun uitzicht naar het noorden, met de eilanden Scalpay en Rasaay op de achtergrond.


Their view facing south. This was yesterday morning. Another sunny day.
Het uitzicht naar het zuiden. Dit was gistermorgen. Weer een zonnige dag.

There are celandines everywhere.
Er bloeit overal speenkruid.

and primroses...
en primula's...

and woodland anemones.
... en bosanemoontjes. 

I'm doing some self-tuition using Photoshop. This is the above image in colour.
Ik ben wat met Photoshop aan het oefenen. Dit het origineel van de bovenstaande foto in kleur.

...and some watercolour painting.
... en wat aquarellen geschilderd.


The weather has been so beautiful that we haven't spent much time indoors.
Het weer is zo mooi geweest tot vandaag, dat we niet veel tijd binnenshuis doorgebracht hebben.

On Sunday I will be travelling back home.
Zondag reis ik weer naar huis. 


Before I left, I had pulled my Phebe project out of hibernation and did some work on it.

Voor ik vertrok, had ik Phebe uit haar winterslaap gehaald en er een tijd aan gewerkt.  

I will update you on that when I'm back home.
Ik laat jullie meer zien als ik weer thuis ben.


9 comments:

Madammeke Ongeduld said...

naar schotland wil ik ooit eens gaan droom daar reeds jaren van

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Heerlijk om in Schotland te zijn. Heimwee! Fijn dat je ook zulk goed weer had.

Helen said...

Looks like a beautiful part of the world, look forward to seeing Phebe progress !!

Marguerite said...

Wat een prachtige vergezichten.
En dan de bloemen...
Heerlijk genieten.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Ann Marieke,
and I was wondering about not hearing anything from you. Phebe is a great quilt and I am looking forward to your applique for it.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Giovanna said...

Beautiful pictures and paintings, and lovely quilting - the little sheep is adorable. All the best with the renovation and sale.

Glenda said...

SO wonderful to see your latest update. What a beautiful part of the world their home sits on. I'm thrilled to see that you did manage some time to paint. Love the one wight he trees on the Island. Welcome back home to Holland and have my fingers crossed for the sale of your house. Hugs Glenda

Glenda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Esther Aliu said...

Your photos always have an impression on me Anne Marieke, what beautiful landscapes for you to take in. How inspiring. I've never been to Scotland but I sure would like to one day. I'm so glad the weather was good when you were there.