Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Sunday 17 August 2014

Is There Such a Thing as a Perfect Border?

I think there is. I found it for my Antique Wedding Sampler, with help from Karen of Aztec Rose Crea in Zwijndrecht.

Bestaat er zoiets als een perfecte rand? Ik denk het wel, want ik heb hem gevonden voor mijn Antique Wedding Sampler, met hulp van Karen van Aztec Rose in Zwijndrecht. 

Here it is with part of block 10 of my Antique Wedding Sampler.
Hier is hij, met een deel van blok 10 van mijn Antique Wedding Sampler. 

And here with the unfinished block 2
En hier met blok 2, dat nog afgemaakt moet worden. 

That organgy fabric is very hard to combine, and yet it complements the roses in the border beautifully
De oranjekleurige stof is erg moeilijk te combineren, en toch past hij prachtig bij de roosjes in de rand. 

Here is the border with some of the fabrics I will be using in my Antique Wedding Sampler
Hier is de rand met een aantal van de stoffen die ik wil gebruiken in mijn Antique Wedding Sampler








I also took some more pictures of the Willow Emerald Damselfly:
Ik heb ook nog wat foto's van de houtpantserjuffer gemaakt: 







In this last picture, where she is sitting on a lupin seed pod, she looks as if she is smiling at me, almost posing for me.
Op deze foto is het net of ze naar me lacht, of zelfs poseert voor de foto. Ze zit op een zaaddoos van de lupine.

Back soon with more Antique Wedding Sampler news, probably some Dear Jane and probably some beautiful creatures. 
Tot gauw met meer nieuws over mijn Antique Wedding Sampler, waarschijnlijk wat Dear Jane blokjes en vast ook wel wat mooie beestjes.


7 comments:

Ineke said...

Yes there is such a thing as a perfect border! And you found it for your AWS quilt! Looking forward to see more blocks of it.

Helen said...

Gorgeous fabrics the border fabric looks perfect !!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Yes it looks as though you have found the perfect border fabric. It looks great with those two blocks, looking forward to seeing more of your AWS.

Susan said...

You absolutely found the perfect border! It looks great.

Jenny said...

Yes, there is a perfect border fabric and you have found yours for you AWS it is gorgeous.
Look forward to seeing progress.
Cheer's Jenny

Bunny said...

That border is perfect great find. Oh my I do love your photos great photography.
Bunny

antique quilter said...

so impressed, perfect border fabric as well as other fabrics.
kathie