Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 6 August 2014

WOW: Dear Jane & Garden Creatures

One more block completed for my Dear Jane:
Ik heb weer een blokje af voor mijn Dear Jane: 

I12 - "Fred's Square Fair" using fabric from my stash.
De stofjes kwamen uit mijn voorraad.


And I just had to try one of those triangles, since I had found the perfect fabric in my stash:
En ik moest gewoon zo'n punt proberen, toen ik het perfecte stofje vond in mijn voorraad: 

This is a triangle for the border of the top row, 9th from the left.
Dit is een punt voor de bovenrand, de 9e van links. 

That leaves 139 blocks and 54 triangles still to make :o)
Nu zijn er nog 139 blokjes en 54 punten over om te maken :o) 


Postie just brought this lovely selection of fabrics from my friend Helen in Australia.
De postbode bracht net deze prachtige verzameling stofjes van mijn vriendin Helen in Australië. 


Thank you Helen! I'm already leafing the book to find the perfect blocks for these pretty fabrics.
Dank je wel, Helen! Ik blader al door het boek om de perfecte blokjes te vinden voor deze mooie stofjes.

A few days ago I had a quick visit to the garden centre to buy some buddleja's, butterfly bushes.
And about 24 hours later, I had my first visitor on one of the dwarf buddleja's. It is red admiral.
Een paar dagen geleden heb ik een kort bezoekje gebracht aan het tuincentrum om wat vlinderstruikjes te kopen. En bijna 24 uur later had ik mijn eerste bezoek op een van de dwergvlinderplanten. Het is een atalanta. 


I also bought some Echinacea in these amazing colours called "Summer Cocktail"
Ik heb ook wat Echinacea (Zonnehoed) gekocht in deze geweldige kleuren. Ze heten "Summer Cocktail".


They were covered in butterflies at the garden centre, so I thought they would work well to draw butterflies to our garden.
In het tuincentrum zaten ze onder de vlinders, dus ik bedacht dat zij ook vlinders naar onze tuin konden lokken. 

Now I'm off to link my blog to Esther Aliu's for WOW (WIPs on Wednesdays). If you need stitchy inspiration, that is the place to visit.

Nu ga ik een link maken van mijn blog naar dat van Esther Aliu voor WOW (WIPs op woensdag). Als je handwerkinspiratie nodig hebt, zal je het daar zeker vinden.

1 comment:

Helen said...

You are very welcome Anne. I love your border block the fussy cutting is just gorgeous. Another stunning photo you do manage to capture them so beautifully in the lens.