Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 29 October 2014

WOW: Mountmellick & Stonefields

Whilst I am waiting for the second part of Stonefields to arrive, I made some more hexagon flowers for said project.
Terwijl ik wacht op deel 2 van Stonefields, heb ik nog wat meer hexagonbloemen voor dat project gemaakt. 

Karen sent me this lovely William Morris fabric. Thank you, Karen!
Karen stuurde me deze mooie William Morris stof. Dank je wel, Karen!
And Jane sent me this sweet little kitty drinking from a cup. Thank you, Jane! 
En Jane stuurde me dit schattige poesje dat uit een kopje drinkt. Dank je wel, Jane!




And I worked on my sadly neglected Mountmellick project, the Di Ford mystery 2014.
En ik werkte aan mijn arme verwaarloosde Mountmellick project, de Di Ford mystery 2014. 

I'm working on all the parts which have been published so far.
Ik werk aan alle delen die tot nu toe zijn uitgekomen. 


I had decided to embroider the stems in the center piece of this quilt, but of course I needed to choose the right stitch. I discovered there is such a thing as a Mountmellick Stitch, which would be very appropriate, but it is difficult to stitch on cotton quilting fabric. Pretty though.
Ik had besloten de stengels te borduren, maar moest natuurlijk eerst de juiste steek kiezen. Ik ontdekte dat er zoiets bestaat als een Mountmellick steek, die heel toepasselijk zou zijn omdat het project zo heet, maar het is moeilijk te borduren op katoenen quiltstof. Maar wel mooi hoor. 

In the end I settled for the Hungarian Braided Stitch. A beautiful stitch for stems.
Ik koos uiteindelijk de Hungaarse gevlochten steek. Een mooie steek voor stengels. 

And in the mean time I am working on the borders of part 2
In de tussentijd werk ik aan de randen voor deel 2

Those for part 3 of this quilt
Die voor deel 3 van deze quilt


Part 4
Deel 4

And the lastest part till date, part 5:
En het laatste deel tot nu toe, deel 5: 


And this is more or less how it will end up looking all together:
En zo komt het er ongeveer uit te zien: 

I'm using mostly reproduction fabrics designed by Judie Rothermel. They are my absolute favourites and they all look so lovely together. A few exceptions are the green swags and the broderie perse fabric (the roses used in the centre and part 3).
Ik gebruik bijna allemaal stoffen van Judie Rothermel. Het zijn echt mijn favoriete stoffen en ze staan zo mooi bij elkaar. Een paar uitzonderingen zijn de groene guirlandes en de broderie pese stof (de rozen in het midden en in deel 3).

The last part is due mid November, which involves lots of six pointed stars. Could be interesting!
Het laatste deel wordt half november verwacht. Daarin komen heel veel zespuntige sterren voor. Leuk!

But first I'm expecting the arrival of part 2 of Stonefields, hopefully before the weekend. Another 12 blocks to make.
Maar eerst verwacht ik deel twee van Stonefields, hopelijk nog voor het weekend. Er zijn weer 12 blokjes om te maken. 

Back soon with more news of my projects. Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
Tot gauw met meer nieuws over mijn projecten. Bedankt voor al jullie leuke berichtjes.



6 comments:

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Wat een mooie blokjes heb je gemaakt!

Jane in Cumbria said...

Wat mooi allemaal Anne Marieke! En je hebt wel iets heel leuks gedaan met het poesje.

Marsha Cooper said...

I really love how you have fussy cut the hexagons.

Helen said...

Lovely fussy cutting love the kitty drinking the milk :)

Angie in SoCal said...

Wow! I love all the parts you are working on and those hexagons - so beautifully fussy cut! I like the pink you've added to the Di Ford mystery - makes it unique, Anne Marieke. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend - those flowers are so precious.
Blessings!

Glenda said...

Oh my gosh Anne Marieke so so much work and so far still to go. I do so love really looking at your needle work, what an artist you are with a needle. Hugs Glenda