Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Thursday 23 December 2010

Nearly Christmas

Gosh, it has been a while since my last post! So sorry for 'ignoring' you.

So? What's happening on the decorations front? Well, we braved the snow on Saturday and bought a few Kruimel-proof decorations at a garden centre.

This garland came more or less decorated, but I removed the bits I didn't like and added 50 fairy lights. We're hoping there is enough empty space between the television and the garland to deter Kruimel from trying to wreck it.

He has been doing a lot of 'planning', but so far the garland is still safely up on the wall.




At the garden centre I found a lovely fir wreath and also this beautiful heart, which looks like it was stitched.

No Christmas would be complete without the quilt my Mum made us a few years back:

It is a pattern from a book by Art to Heart (Nancy Halverson).


Now that Michele has received the Christmas presents I sent her, I can show you the heart I stitched for her. I used the robin fabric as a backing. The pattern came from an Australian magazine.
I've since stitched another heart in different colours for a special person in my life. Once she has opened her present on Boxing Day, I will show you what it looks like.

This is what our front garden looked like when I woke up on Friday morning:

It is very unusual to have so much snow falling in Holland, and in such a short space of time too.


Yesterday afternoon I found our two British Shorthair sweeties sharing a cat bed. A tight fit, but because Luna is so tiny, it just about works!




The days up to Christmas are always very busy and because I felt rather under the weather yesterday, there is still a lot to do today and tomorrow.
Kruimel doesn't have all these worries and he just likes to relax 'sunbathing' under my daylight lamp.
Not sure where I'm supposed to be doing my stitching....


And last but not least, Margit - my stitching friend from Germany - signed me up for Chatelaine's Mini Mystery 01, which will be starting on the 1st of January. Thank you, Margit!The project is the perfect size to get me cross stitching again! Obviously I cannot show you what it looks like, as it is a mystery, but there are sneak previews to be had on the Chatelaine Yuku board if you are interested.
Thank you for your kind comments on my previous post.

4 comments:

Gabi said...

Wow that is a LOT of snow. In all the 16 years I lived in the Netherlands I never saw that much snow...lots of ice, but not so much snow.
Fantastic gift from Margit :)
Love your mum's quilt and also the heart you made.
Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas

Giovanna said...

Awww, look at those two snuggling together :-) So sweet!
Love your decorations; the snow, nah, not so much... we're supposed to be coming in that direction next week...

Nancy M said...

Lovely gift you made, I saw it on her blog too! I love the quilt your mother made. So festive! I guess I'll be watching a few blogs progress on the mini mystery! Love the coloring of your cats and they are so cute sleeping together. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Erna said...

Wat een heerlijke kerstpost Anne Marieke, lekker gezellig, en wat een leuk gezicht die twee katten zo lekker cosy...
Veel succes met de laatste voorbereidingen en fijne dagen
Liefs
Erna