Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 20 April 2011

In My Garden, Sheep and Furry Friend

Lots of things have happened since my last post. I started In My Garden by Hatched & Patched and for those anxiously waiting to see more, here are the first pictures of my WIP of block 1:




There is still a lot to do for part 1, but it is so much fun to work on, choosing the fabrics for all the little bits. The mini-blocks are much smaller than I thought, so the applique pieces are quite fiddly to do in needleturn applique.





Last week and this week I had more watercolour painting classes. It had been some time since I last took lessons. Yesterday was the second day of tuition and I had a great time. There are several paintings still in progress, but I did manage to finish the painting of the sheep on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides yesterday. I think I showed you the picture I took whilst I was out there last month.



This is how I found our sweetheart Kruimel a few minutes ago, relaxing on my bed. He looked so peaceful that I had to get my camera out.



This is how he likes to relax, with his paws all neatly folded.


Thanks for your birthday wishes for Luna!


Off to work some more on In My Garden, so I can show you more of this lovely project.



8 comments:

Joysze said...

I love the purple bird, Anne Marieke. Great job on the sheep watercolor as well. You're so talented!!

LOL... Kruimel is so cute. He reminds me of those English gentlemen.. all prim and proper. :D

Gabi said...

Ohhh....Kruimel is SO cute. Love that name too btw.
Your painting looks great so does your quilt.

Unknown said...

Het ziet er allemaal weer prachtig uit, de kleuren voor in my garden zijn echt perfect.
Het schilderij kan straks zo in een lijst, weet je er al een plekje voor?
En zoals Kruimel daar ligt, heerlijk lijkt me dat.

Groetjes Yvon.

Mireille said...

Wat schattig die kruimel, wat kunnen ze toch genieten hé die poezebeestjes. Echt genieten is dat.

My garden is een mooie quilt, jouw versie gaat ook heel mooi worden met de kleuren die je gebruikt. Moet leuk zijn om aan te werken denk ik.

En wat kan jij goed tekenen zeg. Ik zeg altijd als ik tekeningen zie "wat moet het plezant zijn als je kunt tekenen, gewoon op papier zetten wat je in je hoofd hebt, geweldig moet dat zijn." Spijtig heb ik dat talent niet gekregen.

Gr,
Mireille

Isabelle said...

You garden blocks are so sweet , Anne Marieke, I love these pastel colors !
Oh !! Congrats on your painting : I live it very much:D and your kitty looks very confortable !!

David said...

Your blocks are great! And the painting is beautiful. Love the sheeps. There are my favourites, being with fabrics or paints...

Giovanna said...

Great quilting and painting, and Kruimel is adorable! I hope you had a happy and peaceful Easter.

Daniëlle said...

Ohhhh love the colours you are using for your garden!! The pieces are small, I agree, but don't you love the feeling when the block turns out like yours?! Have lots of fun working in your own garden! Tks for visiting my blog! Have a happy appliqueing day hihi! Daniëlle