Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 10 August 2011

WOW: Flowers for Me Progress

A week has gone by and I'm still workong on block 4 of Heart's Desire. Please excuse the picture, it is 10 pm here in Holland and I had to use a flash.

It is finally starting to look like block 4 is supposed to look, but there is still quite a bit of work to do. Several parts that I laid out on the block are not yet appliqued and I need to make a second sashing. The triangles are all ready to go, so that's what I will be doing next.


o-o-o

I also tried my hand at tea dyeing a piece of white jobelan, to see whether I could prepare a piece that would be suitable for Herbularius. The reason is that my favourite stitching fabric - jobelan - has apparently changed consistency and now has fewer natural fibers. The piece I received a few days back really feels very synthetic and is not very nice to stitch on.

The tea dyeing worked perfectly and I love the outcome, but it is not suitable for Herbularius, because of the yellow fabrics which look nicer on Ivory jobelan. So I'm still hunting for a suitable fabric. My materials for Herbularius have now almost all arrived. So now of course I want to start!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my previous post, and welcome to my new followers!




11 comments:

Vireya said...

WOW indeed! Your "Flowers for Me" is looking fantastic!

Michele said...

Beautiful color choices.:)

Gabi said...

It looks absolutely stunning.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful work, Anne Marieke! I hope you soon find the right fabric for Herbularius.

Susan said...

Oh my! Beautiful progress on your quilt. Not happy to read about the jobelan change as that had become my "go to" fabric. Good luck in finding the right fabric.

Glenda said...

Gorgeous pinks Anne-Marieke & those dark plum circles go so fantastic with those pinks great choice. Cheers Glenda

Unknown said...

het blok ziet er mooi uit, alvast succes met de verdere bezigheden.
Ik hoop dat je snel een goede stof kan vinden voor Herbularius, ik kan me voorstellen dat je zit te popelen om te beginnen als alle matrialen binnen zijn.

Groetjes Yvon.

CHRIS said...

Your quilt will be gorgeous. Love your fabrics. Happy stitching. chrisb

Joysze said...

It's beautiful, Anne-Marieke. I love the pinks.

Isabelle said...

J'aime beaucoup ton nouveau Anne-Marieke, très estival avec toutes ses couleurs chaudes .
Merci infiniment pour tes bons voeux.
Je te souhaite une très belle journée et beaucoup dem oments agréables à broder ou à quilter,
Amicalement,Isa

Ela said...

Your quilt will be gorgeous. Love your fabrics!