Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Needlecraft Show Arnhem

Last Friday my Mum and I visited the Needlecraft Show in Arnhem. Apart from lots of booths with stitching goodies, there were also some quilts on show.

I cannot give the makers their deserved credit, as there was no information on who made these quilts. Edit: I have since found some information on some of the works of art.

Afgelopen vrijdag hebben Mam en ik de Handwerk en Quiltdagen in Arnhem bezocht. Naast veel stallen met handwerkspullen, hingen er ook quilts. 

Ik kan de makers niet hun welverdiende eer geven, want er hing geen informatie over wie ze had gemaakt. Edit: sinds het schrijven van dit blogje heb ik wat informatie gevonden over de stukken die waren tentoongesteld.



This quilt was designed, pieced and longarm quilted by Elly Prins.

Deze quilt is ontworpen, gemaakt en gequilt op een longarm quiltmachine door Elly Prins.

Apart from quilts there were also a few needlefelting pieces on show.

Naast quilts hingen er ook een paar naaldvilt kunstwerken. 



And there was a small exhibition of samplers by Jan Houtman.

En er was een kleine tentoonstelling van merklappen van Jan Houtman. 


Oh no........ my Mummy has bought even MORE Japanese fabrics! I can't bear to see them anymore!

O nee.... mijn Mammie heeft nog MEER Japanse stoffen gekocht! Ik kan het niet meer aanzien!
I wasn't too naughty, honest, but I found a few bits and pieces for my Floral Bouquet Quilt.

I was echt niet te stout, maar in vond wel een paar stofjes voor mijn Floral Bouquet Quilt.








Next time I will show you my progress on said quilt. I'm currently working on block 4 and making good progress. I always end up changing my first choices for elements of the blocks, and although this slows me down, I need to be happy with each element of each block.

Volgende keer laat ik jullie mijn vorderingen zien voor genoemde quilt. Ik werk aan blok 4 en het schiet goed op. Ik verander uiteindelijk toch altijd weer onderdelen die ik had gekozen en hoewel dit vertraging oplevert, wil ik helemaal tevreden zijn over ieder onderdeel van ieder blok.

7 comments:

Isabelle said...

Coucou Anne-Marieke, quelle chance d'avoir visité cette belle exposition de quilts et de broderies:)
Tes tissus sont superbes et je vois avec plaisir que tu as trouvé de jolis verts pour ton Floral :)
Belle après-midi et bisous d' Isa

Giovanna said...

It looks like a fun show, glad you had a good time. Nice buys :-)

Judee said...

That is strange that they did not have information on the quilts. Too bad for the makers. Your cat photo and caption are great!

Glenda said...

LOL your photo of your baby is delightful and the caption!!!!!! Glad you are having so much fun with Yoko's blocks. Jan Houtman's sample is to dye!!!! for, her work always makes me smile. Glad you and your mum had so quality time together. Hugs Glenda

Anne Marieke said...

Hi Glenda, thank you for your lovely comments!

Jan Houtman was actually a 'he'.He left an amazing legacy of samplers. There is even a museum where his work is displayed. And a wonderful book.

Esther Aliu said...

Ha ha, more fabric, I know that face all too well!!

I would have loved to visit that show with you Anne Marieke, what a stunning display and variety of hand work.

Gray Bonnet said...

She chose beautiful fabric for you!

Thank you for sharing pictures of the show...lovely work!