Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Monday 6 May 2013

Veldhoven 2013

Phebe - Di Ford

Yesterday, my Mum and I visited the quiltshow in Veldhoven.

For me, the most exciting news was that Di Ford would be showing her beautiful quilts. And beautiful they are.

If I could ever choose a favourite, after a lot of debate, it would have to be Phebe. I have had the pattern in my stash for a couple of years now and still haven't started it. Maybe I'm a bit frightened that I will not do it justice. 


Gisteren zijn mijn moeder en ik naar Veldhoven geweest om de quilt expo te bezoeken. 

Voor mij was het meest opwindende nieuws dat Di Ford haar prachtige quilts exposeerde. En prachtig zijn ze. 

Als ik al een favoriete quilt zou kunnen kiezen, zou het - na veel nadenken - Phebe zijn. Ik heb het patroon al een paar jaar in mijn bezit en ben nog steeds niet begonnen. Misschien ben ik wel een beetje bang dat ik haar geen recht zal doen.


Phebe Detail - Di Ford

Here are a few details of this gorgeous quilt. 

Een paar details van deze prachtige quilt.

Phebe Detail - Di Ford


Another pattern which I have in my stash is Di's Sarah Morell quilt. So beautiful in person, full of detail. And her fabric choices are spot on. 

Een ander patroon dat ik in mijn bezit heb, is Sarah Morell van Di ford. In het echt is hij zo mooi, met prachtige details. En haar stofkeuze is echt perfect.

Sarah Morell - Di Ford

Di autographed her brand new book for me, and we had a little chat about how she chooses her fabrics. What a lovely and gifted lady she is. She told me she will probably be back next year, so if you wish to see her quilts....

Di voorzag haar gloednieuwe boek van haar handtekening en we hebben even gepraat over hoe ze haar stoffen kiest. Wat een aardige en talentvolle vrouw. Ze vertelde dat ze was gevraagd om volgend jaar terug te komen, dus als je haar quilts wilt zien....



Below are some of my other favourites which were on show:

Hieronder laat ik een paar andere favorieten zien: 
My Own Venice - Maria Luisa Comand - Italy



Above: one of last year's winners: Aeki by Tineke van Heuvelen

Bovenstaand: een van de winnende quilts van vorig jaar: Aeki van Tineke van Heuvelen.

 
Moon Drunk - Susan Fletcher King USA
Back soon with my own stitchy news, and a few more pictures of the quiltshow.

Ik ben snel weer terug met mijn eigen handwerknieuws en meer foto's van de quilttentoonstelling.

1 comment:

Giovanna said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures of this beautiful show - the quilts are just spectacular.