Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 28 April 2010

More Painting

I apologize to those who are not interested in watercolour painting :o)

Here is another watercolour which I painted yesterday afternoon. For inspiration, I used a photograph which I took last year whilst staying in the Isle of Mull in Scotland. This is the view from our self-catering house.

Evening Light, Isle of Mull

o-o-o


The stitcheries for block #8 of Tail Feathers quilt are nearly done and then I still need to piece the whole block. That only leaves block #9 and the four corner robins as far as stitchery and applique go, but there are still 24 log cabin blocks and the borders to do.

o-o-o

Yesterday, I received some gorgeous fabrics for the William Morris & Friends Baltimore Album quilt. Initially I had signed up for a BOM for this project, but once part 1 arrived, the fabrics which the ONS had chosen did absolutely nothing for me. After a lot of browsing on the internet, I went for a line of fabrics called Samsara, by Bernatex. I think they will work very well for this design. Only half of the fabrics have arrived so far (the post is a bit slow after the volcanic ash cloud problem). Once they have all arrived, I will share pictures of them.

No comments: