Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Sunday 25 May 2014

More Watercolour Painting & Hydrangeas

On Friday I had another long watercolour painting session in the garden.
Vrijdag heb ik weer een lange aquarelsessie in de tuin gehouden.

First I did some studies of violets which I picked from our garden.
Eerst deed ik wat oefeningen met bosviooltjes die ik in onze tuin plukte.


Then I painted this landscape from memory, using only four colours. The main one being my favourite colour from my Daniel Smith Watercolor paints: Lunar Blue.
En daarna schildere ik dit landschap uit geheugen, met maar vier kleuren. De hoofdkleur is mijn favoriete kleur Daniel Smith Watercolor verf: Lunar Blue. 


I received this envelope with pieces of fabric for my Dear Jane project from my friend Glenda in Australia. Thank you so much, Glenda! You will now also be included in my Dear Jane.
Ik ontving deze envelop met stukjes stof voor mijn Dear Jane project van mijn vriendin Glenda uit Australië. Dank je wel Glenda! Nu kom jij ook in mijn Dear Jane. 



I just took these pictures of our hydrangeas, which are suddenly turning pink.
En ik heb net deze foto's van onze hortensia's gemaakt, die opeens roze kleuren. 


Thank you very much for your kind comments on my watercolour adventures.
Bedankt voor jullie leuke berichtjes over mijn aquarel-avonturen.

I will be back soon with pictures of my Love Entwined coverlet, which is coming along slowly but surely.
Ik ben snel terug met foto's van mijn Love Entwined coverlet, die langzaam maar zeker vooruit gaat. 

Wishing you all a lovely sunny Sunday.
Ik wens jullie een fijne zonnige zondag. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely water colors! I will be back to my LE one day also, but I needed a break to finish other things.

Agni said...

I love yourwatercolour paintings. Please dont stop doing them-Agni

Giovanna said...

Very nice paintings! And lovely fabrics for your quilt.

Helen said...

Lovely water colours ! Well done. A lovely lot of fabrics for your DJ. Look forward to your LE.