Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Saturday 27 February 2010

Sunny Days...

... is what I'm yearning for.

This is a mini-mini-block of Leanne's House block #1.

Yep, I started! And with great help from my Mum, who generously shared her stash (envelopes keep arriving in the post :o)) I was able to find all the bits and pieces for block 1. It hasn't been pieced yet, so you'll have to bear with me on that one.


Kruimel loves the cover of my sewing machine. Well, he loves all things stitching as you'll discover below.
His face is a bit worse for wear, after an 'encounter' with Elvis, our four-and-a-half year- old black tomcat whom you'll meet in my next posting.


Whilst Kruimel was hiding in there, I assembled the stitchery blocks and strips of fabric for block # 6 of Tail Feathers. That leaves 56 1" squares to piece. Now you know why I picked up Leanne's House block #1 ;o)


But with some help from my furry friend, I'm sure those little squares will get done in no time.




If you need the perfect excuse to buy more fabric, start Leanne's House!
This is what arrived in the post on Thursday. Some more gorgeous fat quarters to play with.
And since those Sunny Days have not yet arrived, I'll keep warm and dry and play with some more stitcheries. Perfect stitching weather, really :o)

4 comments:

Ineke said...

You make a great start on Leanne's House. And got beautiful new fabrics to continue.
Your furry helper looks a bit naughty. As if he is trying to get his own collection of fabrics to play with.

Michele said...

I think Kruimel is trying to decide if the arrangement of the blocks is pleasing or not!

Enjoy working on Leanne's House!

Lots of pretty new stash....mmmmm....

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching and sewing, Anne Marieke! I love to see pictures of your cats, Kruimel is gorgeous.

Isabelle said...

You made a nice start on Leanne'shouse and you kitty is really beautiful .
Have a nice day,
Isa