Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 28 March 2012

WOW: Back from Scotland

Back again from Scotland, where I spent the past two weeks on the isles of Skye and Harris. I had a wonderful and relaxing time and I'm now feeling rather nostalgic and 'homesick'.

Weer terug van Schotland, waar ik de afgelopen twee weken heb doorgebracht op de eilanden Skye en Harris. Het was een heerlijke en ontspannen tijd en nu heb ik heimwee!


This is my favourite beach on the isle of Harris called Luskentyre. The tide was very low during this visit and I found another little corner which I hadn't previously seen.

Dit is mijn lievelingsstrand op het eiland Harris, Luskentyre. Het was erg laag tij toen ik er deze keer was en ik heb een hoekje gevonden dat ik nog niet eerder had gezien.


Luskentyre, Isle of Harris




Waterfall, near Huisnish, Isle of Harris



This is the cottage where we stayed in Harris.


Dit is het huisje waar we op Harris hebben overnacht.



The beauty of the landscape in Harris inspired me to start painting again. It had been quite a long time since my last painting session. This is the first painting I came up with during my first session.

Het prachtige landschap op Harris inspireerde me om weer te gaan schilderen. Het was best een tijd geleden dat ik had geschilderd. Dit is het eerste schilderij dat ik tijdens de eerste sessie heb geschilderd.





This second painting is not quite finished yet, because I didn't bring my pastels with me on the holiday. I need the pastels to work on the waves.


Het tweede schilderij is nog niet helemaal af. Ik had mijn pastelkrijt niet bij me. Die heb ik nodig om de golven wat te verbeteren.

This blog is linked to Esther Aliu's Wips on Wednesdays (WOW). Have a look, there are lots of lovely blogs there.


Dit blogje is gekoppeld aan Wips on Wednesdays (WOW). Neem eens een kijke daar. Er zijn hele mooie blogs.


Thanks to Ineke for awarding me the Liebster award. I will be back soon with all the things that need doing.


Ineke bedankt voor de Liebster award. In mijn volgende blogje regel ik alle dingen die je ervoor moet doen.

8 comments:

Giovanna said...

Lovely pictures and paintings - I can see how you would miss those lovely places :-) And from the pics the weather seems to have treated you kindly, at least when you were taking them, lol.

jjthor said...

I love your paintings and pictures! I grew up in the shetlands and now live in texas so these brought back some nice memories!!

David said...

I have the same nostalgic feeling when I'm back from the US or London. Beautiful pictures and paintings.

Unknown said...

Wat een prachtige foto's en schilderijen.
Ik kan me goed voorstellen dat je heimwee krijgt naar zo'n mooie omgeving.

Ik heb zelf afgelopen maandag weer een reis naar Schotland geboekt voor een week in mei, en we zijn alle 2 al aan het aftellen.
Wij gaan naar Lake Menteith en hebben een huisje met uitzicht op het meer, het lijkt me helemaal heerlijk.

Groetjes Yvon.

Bunny said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I love the photos of the beach. Love all beaches.
Bunny

Ineke said...

Beautiful paintings of a gorgeous landscape. I can imagine you find a lot of inspiration on Harris.

Joysze said...

WOW!!! The pics are stunning. The paintings are amazing!!!!

Glenda said...

Hi at last I have been able to get in to leave a comment. So so glad you are back painting AnneMarieke; your paintings leave me with a dreamy feeling of lost memories and peace. Hugs